Become a Global Health Change Agent
Are you passionate about empowering people with information about their health? With an online PhD in Health Education and Promotion from Walden, 你可以开发和领导促进公共卫生倡议的项目，或者开展促进更健康世界的研究. Inspire positive, lasting social change that improves quality of life for entire populations.
A health education doctorate prepares students to contribute to the field as researchers, leaders, faculty scholars, educators, and advocates for individual and community health.
Why Choose Walden?
Select one of three PhD in Health Education and Promotion program completion options, depending on your master’s-level preparation.
Our Doctoral Degree Coach™ tool helps you map and track key program milestones and access helpful resources along the way.
This degree program is designed to empower you to create meaningful change, both in your organization and your community.
From our vast digital library to doctoral peer mentor groups, you’ll have all the resources you need to thrive in your PhD program.
Walden harnesses educational innovation to give you the flexibility, support, and top-level education you need to thrive.
Learn to better understand and address the many factors that influence human health and well-being.
Gain the global perspective to address the impact of emerging infectious diseases, poverty, climate change, and other issues.
Learn how to be an effective, ethical, and energizing leader in the local, national, or global healthcare promotion arena.
Explore a wide range of factors that influence health including public health, genetics, medical care, and the environment.
A Personalized Guide to Completing Your Doctorate
Earning your PhD in Health Education and Promotion requires commitment, perseverance, and hard work. You can do it, and Walden is here to help—with our Doctoral Degree Coach™.
- Map and track milestones: Break your research down into manageable, sequential steps. See where you are, what’s ahead, and what you’ve already accomplished—all in one place.
- Meet weekly targets: No more guesswork. Set prompts based on your to-do list and receive reminders and updates directly to your inbox.
- Connect with faculty: Stay on the same page and keep your progress on track. With shared access to your dashboard, your chair can easily guide you through your checklists, goals, and timelines.
- Access helpful resources: Quickly find support from the right person at the right time. Our comprehensive resource guide points you in the right direction—no more frustrating searches.
Turn Insights Into Action and Improve Lives
瓦尔登大学的在线健康教育和促进博士项目是基于国家健康教育认证委员会概述的健康教育专家的八大责任领域 . Explore the factors that impact individual and community health, current trends and best practices in the field, and the components of effective health promotion and disease prevention programs. Conduct original applied research on a health education topic that touches your world.
Lead the Way to Global Health and Wellness
Earning a “Dr.” before your name can open doors you never imagined. With Walden’s online PhD in Health Education and Promotion program, 你可以获得一个独特的证书，使你进入健康教育学者和思想领袖的精英群体. Get started today and find out how we can help you achieve your education and career goals.
A health education doctorate program can prepare you to work in settings such as:
- State and local government
- Individual and family services
- Religious, grantmaking, civic, professional, and similar organizations
Graduates of this program will be prepared to:
- Evaluate the factors that impact individual and population health.
- Synthesize assessment results to identify and prioritize health problems.
- Engage in collaborative planning of health interventions.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of health promotion and disease prevention interventions
- Conduct original health education-related research.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior as a health education scholar-practitioner.
- Facilitate efforts among stakeholders to achieve common goals related to individual and community health.
- Apply health education principles, theories, and models to create professional communication and establish positive public relations.
Kim HowardProgram Director
Dr. Howard has more than 19 years of experience in higher education and health education and promotion. 她是美国公共健康教育协会中西部执行委员会成员和健康与体育教育家协会美国健康教育委员会成员.
Catherine McMillanAcademic Coordinator
Dr. McMillan is an experienced educator who has planned, implemented, and evaluated health promotion programs for a variety of populations. This includes Take Action Against Breast Cancer, a project focused on assisting underserved and uninsured women in receiving no-cost mammograms.
Yitza Arcelay RojasSenior Contributing Faculty
Prior to working in higher education, Dr. Arcelay-Rojas served as an educator for the Puerto Rico Department of Health, where she taught communities about HIV/STI prevention. Her expertise includes qualitative research, including the use of focus groups in health, curriculum, and education.
Shelley Summers-karnContributing Faculty
Dr. Summers-Karn has more than 20 years of experience in prevention initiatives, including tobacco cessation and pregnancy prevention. 她是德克萨斯大学奥斯汀分校烟草研究和评估小组的项目主任, Department of Kinesiology and Health Education.
FAQ About Walden’s Online PhD in Health Education and Promotion
When it comes to finding the best online academic institution for you, reputation is key. 沃顿大学是远程学习的先驱，50多年来一直支持工作专业人员的教育需求. Accreditation should also be key in your decision-making. 进入一所认可的大学意味着你可以确信你所选择的学位课程已经通过了独立认证组织的严格审查和高标准. 瓦尔登大学与高等教育委员会每10年参与一次彻底的重新认证过程, an independent accreditation corporation founded in 1895. Lastly, you’ll want to choose a program that helps pave the way to any state licensing or certification you need. 瓦尔登大学的健康教育和促进博士课程可以帮助你准备参加认证健康教育专家(CHES)考试或硕士认证健康教育专家(MCHES)考试.
When you choose to earn your PhD in Health Education and Promotion online, you’ll find a number of benefits that traditional classroom programs don’t readily offer. For instance, 沃顿的全球校园可以让你通过同学们的眼睛在国际范围内看到你的职业，这些同学可能来自世界其他地方. With online health education degree programs, you can also access your coursework from anywhere and at any time. This level of flexibility makes it possible to complete your degree as you continue working full time. You’ll also benefit from asynchronous discussions with classmates, a suite of online student support services, and much more.
As laid out by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, health educators have seven primary responsibilities.1 Those are as follows:
- Assess needs, resources, and capacity for health education/promotion
- Plan health education/promotion
- Implement health education/promotion
- Conduct evaluation and research related to health education/promotion
- Administer and manage health education/promotion
- Serve as a health education/promotion resource person
- Communicate, promote, and advocate for health, health education/promotion, and the profession
1Source: National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Responsibilities and Competencies for Health Education Specialists, on the internet at www.nchec.org/responsibilities-and-competencies.
健康教育专家认证为该行业成员确立了国家标准，并向潜在雇主表明个人精通某些知识和技能. 获得你的CHES认证不仅打开你的职业发展和收入潜力的机会, but also enables you to become a part of a global movement to positively impact world health. To become certified, you must pass an exam administered by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing Inc.1 If you want to apply to take the exam, 你必须满足一定的学术要求，提交官方成绩单，表明你主修健康教育，并完成至少25个学期的工作，解决健康教育专家的八个领域的责任和能力.1
When you earn your PhD in Health Education and Promotion from Walden, 你将受益于课程，帮助你更好地了解你将在你的角色中服务的人的需求, best practices for developing your research skills, how to drive social change, and much more. In Walden University’s PhD in Health Education and Promotion program, you’ll take courses such as:
- Assessing Community Needs for Health Education
- Building a Multidisciplinary Approach to Health
- Research Theory, Design, and Methods
While these courses will help you prepare for a career as a public health educator, 你也可以选择一个专业来获得与你的职业目标相一致的额外知识和技能. Walden’s PhD in Health Education and Promotion program offers specializations in Global Health, Research, Behavioral Health, Management and Leadership, Online Teaching in Higher Education, and Population Health.
Have a Question?
Chat with a PhD in Health Education and Promotion Enrollment Specialist.Chat Now